This past Sunday started out cool at 65 degrees but as Team Evesham cyclists made their way out to Nixon’s and then returned to Rastelli’s the temperatures were in the nineties but there was no humidity. Ride master Dave Bennis chose a route thru a few neighborhoods that offered plenty of shade and then en route to Nixons he worked with Andre to devise a slightly altered route for only the C+ group. Wow, a route within a route.
Our Team welcomed many new cyclists this past Sunday so please encourage your friends and family to come out and give cycling a spin. Our C level group coach Dennis Wall always trains our new riders and he is a great developer of new riders.
When we came back to Rastelli’s there was an enormous group taking advantage of their 10% discount and enjoying lunch. The riders on the Sunrise Latte ride were treated to the new Rastelli’s breakfast bar with fresh omelettes and waffles when they rode this past Monday. Make sure you check it out.
Here it is August and we have a few team mates off riding in distant locations. Julie Galezniak is off in wine country having a blast climbing the hills and enjoying great lectures on wine, plus she is subtly sampling a few new growth wines. Julie, bring back the best bottles for us to sample. Plus she is living it up at great hotels in Napa Valley.
In about one week, Brett Wartenberg, John Murphy, and David Carreon are headed off to Yellow Stone for over 550 miles of cycling thru the Grand Tetons. Beware of grizzly bear guys we want to see you all back and riding with us soon. Please send us a photo and we want to know if there is snow out in the mountains in August and are you guys really sleeping in tents?
There is about two more months until the annual City to shore bike event, join us for this ride to Ocean City. Go directly to our site to sign up and save $20.00 off of your registration fee too.
This week we are featuring our youngest rider for our spotlight. Meet nine year old Kaylene Humphreys…
This week’s spotlight features our current youngest rider Kaylene Humphries. You may recognize her as Cameron’s younger sister and you would be correct! Kaylene we love having you as a team member and wish you all the success in the world!
When I was 5 years old and after watching my brother, Cameron, ride his bike so much, I was determined to learn. My Dad took the training wheels and pedals off so I could learn how to balance my bike. After 4 days I asked my Dad to put the pedals back on and away I went. That October, I did the 5-mile family ride at the Evesham Harvest with my Mother and met my brother and Dad for the last mile of their ride. [Continued…]
In the News
In support of our local bike shops here is a great article we think you should read: No, Your Bike Shop Is Not Ripping You Off
- Thursday, August 6th at 5:30am – Sunrise Latte Ride, an easy paced 22 mile ride in the Pinelands. Lights are mandatory. Start from Virtua Health and Fitness – Moorestown at 401 Young Ave, Hainesport, NJ 08036. Park along Young Avenue and the Virtua center is open for rest room use.
- Thursday, August 6th at 6:00pm – B/B+ level ride for 20+/- miles starting from Taunton Forge Shopping Center, 200 Tuckerton Rd, Medford, NJ. Meet at front parking lot where Murphy’s Market use to be.
- Friday, August 7st at 8:00am – C+ level ride for 30+/- miles starting from Panera’s at the Promenade.
- Saturday, August 8th at 8:00am – C and B levels 25 mile ride from Virtua Health and Fitness – Moorestown at 401 Young Ave, Hainesport, NJ 08036. Park along Young Avenue and the Virtua center is open for rest room use.
- Sunday, August 9th at 8:00am – All level (A, B+, B, C+, C) ride starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The route will be Rastelli’s – Olde World Bakery [42, 36 mi.]. Please park near Rt. 73 away from the entrance to Rastelli’s.
- Monday, August 10th at 5:30am – Sunrise Latte Ride, an easy paced 22 mile ride in the Pinelands. Lights are mandatory. Coffee and breakfast on the return. Start from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.