We are kicking off the First Team Evesham Bike Gear Swap event. This is a great way to help others and also to help yourself. Check out the details:
We all have gear and assorted other cycling “stuff” right? And to coincide with spring time – this is a chance for us to do some of our own cycling gear/stuff spring time purging. The opportunity is two-fold:
- Your donated items will be available for purchase by other riders on Sunday May 21 at our all paces ride.
- With the funds collected, Team Evesham will make a donation to Team Foster, a charity benefiting wounded veterans, they “leave no one behind”.
- Thinking back to when you began riding, you probably remember how expensive and daunting it was to get yourselves properly “outfitted”. This is a great way for new Riders to inexpensively outfit themselves as they move toward the ranks of becoming experienced veteran Riders.
- A chance for all of us to purchase items while expanding our own supply of gear and stuff.
- Purging. Those items that we don’t use and don’t need. And to make room for more stuff that we may not need but certainly want!
- Why not?
For the next three Sunday All-Pace Rides, we will be collecting your excess items. These include things like: jerseys, gloves, arm/leg warmers, tubes, tools, hats, helmets, other accessories and DEFINITELY NOT cycling shorts/tights, (enough said about that). Your donated items shall be “gently used” and in good and clean condition. Please donate your items BEFORE the ride, we will have bins for drop off beginning at 8:00am on Sundays.
Gear Swap Donation Dates Are: Sundays, April 30, May 7th, and May 14. The Gear Sale will be held Sunday, May 21 at our ride.