With the recent weather patterns it has been a bit of a challenge to ride on consecutive days but this past week we were out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We even hosted our second Hilly Philly event and it was a rousing success. This course traces part of the Pro Cycling challenge and goes up “the wall”. Kudos to Scott Santos and his intrepid adventurers for scaling those hills. Rain returned on Monday and it put a damper on the all group ride.
The Sunday ride took us out thru the farm country and we could tell it was planting time in the fields. It is spectacular to see more than 100 team mates out and enjoying themselves. Remember guests are only allowed on our Sunday ride and the guest must check in to review our rules and sign the waiver before we depart.
Next Wednesday, June 7, come out and join us to find out about FUELING YOUR RIDE. Learn from Coach Jason if chocolate milk is a great recovery drink and find out if bananas are truly a cyclists best friend. This event includes a light dinner and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. These seminars sell out and we are limited to only 40 members. Please sign up here NOW; Nutrition for Endurance Athletes
On Sunday, June 11 join us in the Bridge to the Beach event to benefit the American Cancer Society. There are multiple starting points and the end party at Boardwalk Hall is a spectacular event. Then hop on the train for a rousing return trip. Sign up here to join Team Evesham on this gorgeous route to Atlantic City.
I grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia and moved to Washington Township, New Jersey in the late 80’s. I have always been a sports and activity junkie…I played ice hockey in college (still do) and was able to keep in reasonable shape. The 90s were not so kind and the pounds piled on. When the century turned and I became a Dad, I realized I needed to get back in shape and decided to take up running. Running was always a little boring and doing so in the summer was extra troubling, so after my 5th marathon I looked into cross training. A fellow runner convinced me to look into mountain biking but I knew that was not the sport for me. Instead, I hedged my bets and bought a hybrid Trek (read more)
Note: If you are not a member of Team Evesham, past or present, you may join us, one time only, on our Sunday ride. All other team rides are members only.
Ride Waiver – All riders must have signed the Ride Waiver before participating in a Team Evesham ride and have a 2017 sticker on their bike.
Team Evesham Rides
- Monday, May 29th at 5:30am – Dawn Patrol ride. Join these early morning riders for a quick jaunt thru the Pinelands. This ride meets at Rastelli’s on Route 73 in Marlton. Both front and rear lights are mandatory for this ride.This is a “B” pace ride.
- Wednesday, May 31st at 5:30am – Dawn Patrol ride. Join these early morning riders for a quick jaunt thru the Pinelands. This ride meets at Rastelli’s on Route 73 in Marlton. Both front and rear lights are mandatory for this ride. This is a “B” pace ride.
- Thursday, June 1st at 6pm. – B level, 20 mile ride will start from the Indian Spring Country Club, 115 S. Elmwood Rd., Marlton, NJ 08053. Please bring bicycle lights, although we are planning to be back before dark.
- Friday, June 2nd at 8:30am – C+/B level ride for 30+/- miles starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Saturday, June 3rd at 8:30am – C and B levels 25 mile ride from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Sunday, June 4th at 8:30am – All level (A, B+, B, C+, C) ride starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The routes will be published later this week.
- 6/03/2017 – GCSSEF, The Ride
- 6/10/2017 – Historic Riverton Ride
- 6/11/2017 – ACS Bike-a-thon
- 6/24/2017 – Legacy Foundation – Ride to Thrive
- 6/25/2017 – ADA Tour de Cure
- 7/29/2017 – Spellbound Century
- 7/30/2017 – Irish Pub Tour de Shore
- 8/05/2017 – Princeton Free Wheelers 2017 Event
- 9/10/2017 – Move for Mental Health
- 9/16/2017 – Foster 100
- 9/23-24/2017 – MS City to Shore
- 10/15/2017 – Covered Bridges Ride