This past weekend we had three great days of riding. The Sunday journey out to the Old World Bakery is still, a favorite route, we think it has to do with the pastry at the rest stop but the tranquil Burlington County roads are great too.
On Saturday many team mates rode in the Foster 100 from Philadelphia to Cape May. This was the first year that Team Evesham participated in this incredible charity event. This route featured motorcycle escorts securing all intersections and a loop up the Parkway in Philadelphia with an escort from the Police Department. Then we had a special tour along the Ben Franklin Bridge as we headed into New Jersey. The celebration at the Cape May Ferry was spectacular.
If you missed this event, put it on your list for next year, it is a small group ride with ride “platoons” going at their own designated pace, very much like our Sunday Team Evesham rides. The fundraising goes to purchase service dogs for disabled veterans and this charity is 100% volunteer, no paid staff or professional fundraisers.
This weekend we will host our normal Sunday ride so plan on joining us.
For our team mates who celebrate we wish you a great New Year for 5778.
Also on Saturday come to Harvest Fest, along Main Street in Marlton, this is a fun filled activity for the entire family from 10:00 until 4:00.
I’ve been riding a bike, off and on, since I was about 6 years old. However, my real motivations for getting serious about riding on the road were a) the movie Breaking Away, and b) working at The Bicycling Center, my cousin’s bicycle shop in Thousand Oaks California, during the summer of 1984. While working at the Bicycling Center I learned how to assemble new bicycles from scratch and how to fix and repair bicycles. It was the first time I had a “real” road bike (not a K-Mart special), and from my first weekend there I was participating in rides of 20+ miles several days a week with the Club sponsored by the bike shop. By the end of the summer, I was even leading Sunday morning rides! (continue reading)
- Friday, September 22nd at 8:00am – C+/B level ride for 30+/- miles starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Saturday, September 23rd at 8:00am – C and B levels 25 mile ride from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Sunday, September 24th at 8:00am – All level (A, B+, B, C+, C) ride starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The routes will be published later this week.
- 10/8/2017 – Bike for Bancroft
- 10/15/2017 – Covered Bridges Ride
- 10/22/2017 – Ian Cameron Memorial Ride (link will be provided when available)