We had great rides this week but we had to cancel the Sunday ride due to wet leaves on the ground. Be certain we have your correct email address so you get the notice of our ride updates. This coming Friday, November 10 we have a special Ride with Ross. Ride leader Ross Polinow is celebrating a milestone birthday so we are headed out to a ride along the Schuylkill River Trail (SRT) for a 30 mile run out to Phoenixville with a lunch stop and a return loop back into the city. Check with Ross and you will understand why this ride is 60 miles in total.
This ride will meet at the Falls Bridge on Kelly Drive in Philadelphia at 9:45am, after the rush hour traffic. If you have never been on the SRT be prepared to be amazed, this trail is among the very best urban cycling paths in the USA. The SRT is fully paved and sheltered, there are no cars along the route and it should be a spectacular day. Sunny and seasonal temperatures for this milestone event. Please join us.
Bertuccis has cooked up a night out for our team mates.
That correct, listen to this special offer. Any Rodney Strong bottle of wine, two salads, any two entrees, and two desserts for only $70.00. This is valid only at the Bertucci’s on 515 Route 73, Marlton, NJ. You must mention Team Evesham to your server and show one membership card. This is a limited time offer and expires on November 30, 2017.
Riding a bike is always great and we are sharing teammate Ed Ng’s story about riding to work:
This morning, as I rode my bike in the dense, soupy fog of the morning in South Jersey to work, I found myself climbing over the clouds on the Ben Franklin Bridge, as if my bicycle had taken me to heaven, soaring over the puffy abyss below, with only the two opposing metropolitan skylines visible afore and behind. It was surreal. It was serene. It was mine for a moment and I was only able to have it because I enjoy life on two wheels. If you don’t ride, you don’t know what you may be missing out on. I know what I’m not missing out on, even doing something as mundane as riding to work. Bicycles are only machines, but they can do so much more than just get you from point A to point B—they can be a portal to heaven, if only for a moment.
- Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the After Holiday Party on Saturday, January 20, 2018. Our ultimate party planner Lori Emma is looking for fun loving folks to assist in the planning of this gala celebratory event. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Plus this is your last chance to order the 2017 Team Evesham Gear, items will ship from California the week of December 22. Click HERE to order.
- In 2016 Team Evesham became a membership based organization and we received a designation as a Non Profit Public Charity. This designation recognizes our team the same way as the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society and other large charities. The big difference is that Team Evesham has no paid staff. We look to our members to assist us with the multiple events that we host each year.
- As a non-profit we have a Board of Trustees and we are accepting applications for these positions. Dave Bennis is heading up our Nominating Committee, if you are interested in serving on the board please email him a brief note stating your interest, email@example.com.
- In addition to our Board of Trustees we also have several standing committees that would welcome your participation. The committees with a brief description are listed below:
- Routes-designing rides and checking on road conditions
- Events-Pancake ride, Holiday Party, Ian Cameron ride, travel to other locations for weekend events
- Clothing-designing the team kit and non-cycling clothing (Tech shirts, hats, etc.)
- Fund raising-securing sponsors for our team
- Membership-working to expand our members and also preparing membership materials
- Safety and Training-teaching new riders, ride leaders and maintaining safety as job 1
- Advocacy-advancing the needs of cyclists in our local communities, and the State of New Jersey
- Outreach to Community-Holiday meal program, working with schools for safe street programs
If you are interested in serving on any of these communities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Evesham Rides
- Friday, November 10th at 9:45am – Ride with Ross, 30 miles on the Schuylkill River Trail (SRT) for a run out to Phoenixville with a lunch stop, then 30 miles back. Meet at the Falls Bridge on Kelly Drive in Philadelphia.
- Saturday, November 11th at 9:00am – C and B levels 25 mile ride from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Sunday, November 12th at 9:00am – All level (A, B+, B, C+, C) ride starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The routes will be published later this week.
- 11/11/2017 – Ride of Silence Tribute Ride for Ron Filepp
- 6/10/2018 – ACS Bike-a-thon, “Bridge to the Beach”
- 9/15/2018 – Foster 100