This past weekend we had cold temperatures and howling winds. But this did not stop an intrepid group on Friday from riding to celebrate a milestone birthday. Hats off to those who rode out to Valley Forge to mark Ross Polinow’s birthday. By the way, if you are celebrating a big event let us know and we can all honor the occasion. We will cancel rides if conditions are not suitable for riding; rain, snow, freezing temperatures, high winds, etc. Check the website or Facebook for ride updates in the morning.
On Sunday, we had a hearty crew out for our ride to Murphy’s Market. We went out in three groups and everyone enjoyed the change in weather. Remember this time of year dress in layers. Check out this advice for winter riding. This weekend promises more seasonal temperatures but no arctic blasts.
This week we were thrilled to welcome back Joanne Negrin to riding with Team Evesham. Almost two years ago to the day, when she first started to ride with the team. In September of 2016 she was stung by a bee while she was on a ride. The bee sting lead to a concussion as she lost control of her bike. Joanne had a few issues with the trauma from that experience and she was slowly recovering. She was in tip top form on Sunday and were happy to have her riding again! You never forget how to ride a bike.
This Sunday, November 19 you can have your choice of rides; either Road bike or Mountain bike. Join our Mountain Bike ride at 9:00am Sunday, leaving from Kresson Trails, 1314 Kresson Rd, Cherry Hill, NJ. Going west on Kresson this area is just beyond Springdale Road. Scott Santos will be leading the group. This is for experienced riders. We will offer more intro programs in the following weeks..
“In life it’s not where you go, but who you ride with”
- Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the After Holiday Party on Saturday, January 20, 2018. Our ultimate party planner Lori Emma is looking for fun loving folks to assist in the planning of this gala celebratory event. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Plus this is your last chance to order the 2017 Team Evesham Gear, items will ship from California the week of December 22. Click HERE to order.
- In 2016 Team Evesham became a membership based organization and we received a designation as a Non Profit Public Charity. This designation recognizes our team the same way as the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society and other large charities. The big difference is that Team Evesham has no paid staff. We look to our members to assist us with the multiple events that we host each year.
- As a non-profit we have a Board of Trustees and we are accepting applications for these positions. Dave Bennis is heading up our Nominating Committee, if you are interested in serving on the board please email him a brief note stating your interest, email@example.com.
- In addition to our Board of Trustees we also have several standing committees that would welcome your participation. The committees with a brief description are listed below:
- Routes-designing rides and checking on road conditions
- Events-Pancake ride, Holiday Party, Ian Cameron ride, travel to other locations for weekend events
- Clothing-designing the team kit and non-cycling clothing (Tech shirts, hats, etc.)
- Fund raising-securing sponsors for our team
- Membership-working to expand our members and also preparing membership materials
- Safety and Training-teaching new riders, ride leaders and maintaining safety as job 1
- Advocacy-advancing the needs of cyclists in our local communities, and the State of New Jersey
- Outreach to Community-Holiday meal program, working with schools for safe street programs
If you are interested in serving on any of these communities please email firstname.lastname@example.org.