We want to wish all of our team mates and their families a super Thanksgiving, remember we ride on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so if you are not shopping come join us and burn off that turkey dinner.
This past week, Team Evesham was honored with a special award as one of the top fundraising teams in the Bridge to the Beach Cancer Ride. At the awards ceremony the enormity of the dreaded cancer disease made it’s presence felt. At every table we saw the devastating impact of cancer; from family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors.
To bring home the impact we are showcasing; “The Faces of Cancer”, these are our team mates who may have suffered from cancer and now they are willing to share their story with others in hopes that we can all learn about cancer prevention and awareness.
This week ride leader Dennis Dahms is telling his story below:
What I didn’t know! How easy it is to be tested for prostate cancer, it’s a simple blood test. One in six men have prostate cancer, it’s the number two killer in men and your chances increase over the age of fifty. How it changed me, I’m a lot more thankful for everyday and the people who make up my life. Someone told me to go ride a bike after my recovery and that’s what I did, that’s one reason why the my first ACS ride meant so much to me and it still does.
Our goal for 2018 is to again be among the top teams in the Philadelphia Cancer ride. This event will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2018. The ride leaves from Philadelphia and also from Cherry Hill on the way to a fabulous finish at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Please sign up now and join us here, you only need to raise $140.00 to join this ride if you register now.
The past two months our sponsor, the Evesham Police Daprtment has supported two different cancer awareness events for breast cancer and prostate cancer. If you are willing to share your experiences with cancer please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to mark your calendars for the After Holiday Party on Saturday, January 20, 2018. Our ultimate party planner Lori Emma is looking for fun loving folks to assist in the planning of this gala celebratory event. Email her at email@example.com to sign up.
- In 2016 Team Evesham became a membership based organization and we received a designation as a Non Profit Public Charity. This designation recognizes our team the same way as the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society and other large charities. The big difference is that Team Evesham has no paid staff. We look to our members to assist us with the multiple events that we host each year.
- As a non-profit we have a Board of Trustees and we are accepting applications for these positions. Dave Bennis is heading up our Nominating Committee, if you are interested in serving on the board please email him a brief note stating your interest, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to our Board of Trustees we also have several standing committees that would welcome your participation. The committees with a brief description are listed below:
- Routes-designing rides and checking on road conditions
- Events-Pancake ride, Holiday Party, Ian Cameron ride, travel to other locations for weekend events
- Clothing-designing the team kit and non-cycling clothing (Tech shirts, hats, etc.)
- Fund raising-securing sponsors for our team
- Membership-working to expand our members and also preparing membership materials
- Safety and Training-teaching new riders, ride leaders and maintaining safety as job 1
- Advocacy-advancing the needs of cyclists in our local communities, and the State of New Jersey
- Outreach to Community-Holiday meal program, working with schools for safe street programs
If you are interested in serving on any of these communities please email email@example.com.