Here’s the scoop: Although weather this week was a mixed bag (Friday and Saturday were a wash), the Thursday evening and Sunday rides were amazing with plenty of sun and great temperatures. If you haven’t been out on your bike yet what are you waiting for?
We’re into our third week of the Team Evesham Monday evening “No Excuses” rides and they’re going great. Do you know of anyone who might be interested in learning the basics of road-biking with a group? A family member or friend? Maybe you? We meet every Monday evening at 6pm through the summer. The ride is staged from the L.L. Bean parking lot in the Promenade where riders will be taught some of the basics of group riding, after which they will participate in a 5-10 mile ride on local roads led by our trained ride leaders. This ride is open to all members of the community at no cost.
This week several Team Evesham members participated in an amazing ride through rural Virginia, Bike Virginia. See the lead photo above for some of the riders who participated.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Foster 100 (Saturday, September 15th). This is an outstanding, well-supported ride starting from Philadelphia, traveling through some beautiful rural areas in South Jersey and finishing in Cape May. Proceeds benefit disabled veterans by offering them service dogs. Space is limited and we expect the ride to sell out again so sign up soon.
NOTE: Team Evesham will begin enforcing a “no sticker, no ride policy”. We all received a 2018 bike sticker in our membership kit when we joined. This sticker must be affixed to your bike in order to ride with us. If you did not receive a sticker in the mail, if you lost the sticker, if the sticker fell off or if you have two bikes and need a second sticker please contact Dave Bennis firstname.lastname@example.org with an explanation and your mailing address for additional stickers. If you have three or more bikes, or you need more than two stickers please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, June 28th at 6pm – B/B+ level ride for 20+/- miles starting from Indian Spring Country Club (115 S Elmwood Rd, Marlton, NJ 08053). You must be a Team Evesham member to participate in this ride. Front and rear lights are REQUIRED.
- Friday, June 29th at 8:00am – C+/B level ride for 33+/- miles from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The route will be announced later this week.
- Saturday, June 30th at 8:00am – C and B levels 25 mile ride from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ.
- Sunday, July 1st at 8:00am – All level (A, B+, B, C+, C) ride starting from Rastelli Market Fresh at 710 NJ-73, Evesham Township, NJ. The routes will be announced later this week. Please park near Rt 73 away from the market entrance.
- Monday, July 2nd at 6:00pm – “No Excuses Ride” A 10 mile ride for the casual cyclist from L.L. Bean parking lot at the Promenade at Sagemore, Rt. 73, Marlton, NJ.