Under normal conditions we cancel rides when we see rain in the forecast. Road bike tires are generally unsafe in the rain and it is our policy NOT to put our riders’ safety at risk. However during this week’s Sunday ride a massive line of unpredicted storms appeared on the radar. At the last minute thanks to some quick thinking we were able to SAG the remainder of our “C” riders who were still on the road back to Rastelli’s before the rain really came down. That’s what we do!
CHECK IT OUT
- Team Apparel. The Voler Team Evesham Gear store is currently open. New TE 10-year jerseys, shorts and just about every conceivable article of clothing is now available. Check the store site for yourself if you don’t believe us. Everybody looks great in our team colors! NOTE: The store closes on Sunday night, July 22nd at 11:59pm.
- Where in the world is Team Evesham now? Team member, Matthew Linden is riding in the inaugural Round Denmark Bike Race which began on July 8, 2018. It’s an unsupported 1,800km (1,118mi) bike race through Denmark with so much climbing that Matt still needs to upload to Strava for a final elevation. He currently has about 100 miles left in his journey and is enjoying a ferry ride after 10 hours of riding. Kudos to Matt for taking on this challenge. If anyone is interested in riding next year, look for upcoming information on their website or Facebook page. You can track Matt on the route through this link (he’s marked as 08M). We wish him the best!
- Surprise visitor. Meanwhile our resident Aussie (pronounced “Ozzie” – short for Australian in case you just crawled from the outback), Ryan Gaskin, is in town for a few weeks before heading back down under where it’s mid-winter. Say “hi” to Ryan (he’s a Team Evesham member) if you see him on a ride.
- Meet your teammates. On Sunday, July 22nd our regularly-scheduled ride will be staged from the Gibson House (535 E Main St, Evesham Township, NJ 08053). After the ride enjoy a BBQ lunch and spend a little while to get to know your fellow teammates. Water and soft drinks will be provided but feel free to tring your own liquid refreshments. Photos will be taken at this event. From the office of the CEO: You MUST wear your blue Team Evesham jersey to be in the official team photo.
- Pancake Ride. We will be hosting our annual Pancake Ride on Saturday, August 4th. The Red Barn’s pancakes are the best. Check our website home page for updates.
- Team Evesham Co-ed Softball team. On Sunday, August 26th we have been invited to participate in a township softball tournament. Our team size will be limited to 12 players. If you are interested please contact Kevin Comber at email@example.com to sign up.