Hello Team, beautiful riding weather is upon us!
This weekend we had three great rides…
- On Saturday Brett Wartenberg lead his crew of hill climbers on a ride from Columbus NJ. They traveled through farm lands towards New Egypt on a 42 mile ride with 1,300 feet of climbing for the day.
- Also on Saturday Alan Sindoni lead a group of riders on a 30 mile ride from our home base at Rastelli’s. Thank you Alan for stepping in to cover this ride!
- On Sunday Ride Master Scott Downie presented us with four great routes to Murphy’s market in Tabernacle. The roads were in excellent condition and the sun was shining, what a great day to be on a bike!
Upcoming Rides & Events
- Welcome Back Ride. Join us for a celebration after the ride on Sunday April 14th as Team Evesham kicks off the cycling season. There will be a BBQ at Rastelli’s after the ride where you’ll have fun mingling and sharing cycling stories with your teammates. We hope to see you there!
- Move for Mental Health. June 2nd. Registration is open and the ride looks to be great in its second year. Riding locally out of Laurel Acres Park this ride has two different routes of different distances and a walk. Founder Sami Sorid is an amazing girl with a bright future and also one of our teammates, Sami got her start riding with Team Evesham. Rich Bernstein is our team captain in this event. Sign up here.
- ACS Bridge to Beach. June 9th. Registration is also open for this event that promises to be one of the premier charity rides of the year. The American Cancer Society is an Amazing charity that is supporting Cancer Research. Dave Bennis and Alan Sindoni our the Team Evesham Captains. Sign up here.
- Ride For Olivia. June 23rd. New this year and still in the works this event will benefit Olivia Demmler in her quest to beat cancer. This is a Joint Club Event, organized by Team Evesham and TNT Cycling organizing and with strong support from the Cynergy cycling club. This will be the first event with all three teams riding together and we are excited to say the least. After the ride join us for an after party full of cycling camaraderie, food and entertainment. The ride is limited to 200 riders and will be sure to sell out. Don’t delay – sign up here.
- Spellbound Century. July 27th. This ride is quickly becoming one of South Jersey’s best rides. Founded and organized by Jorge Carmona from TNT Cycling and benefiting local Mt. Holly charities, this ride is routed along some of the nicest country roads in Southern NJ and ends at a local microbrewery with great entertainment! Register before this ride closes, it sells out each year! Join our Team Evesham Team with Captain Scott Santos.
- Foster 100. September 14th. Registration is now open for this unique event Honoring Captain Erik Foster who sacrificed his life defending his country in Iraq in 2007. Their motto is “Charlie Mike” which in military terms means “Continue Mission.” Nick Liermann the promoter is continuing the memory of his friend Erik through the Foster Charities. This charity is unique in the fact that riders ride with an organized Platoon with a platoon leader. The spirit “No Man Left Behind” is adhered to. Riding From Cooper River Park to Cape May with a great after party to be enjoyed by all. Sign up here.
We look forward to many great rides this season and the coming beautiful weather. Thank you all for your dedication and for making Team Evesham great. See you on the road!
P.S.: If you haven’t done so already please remember to renew your Team Evesham membership for the 2019-2020 riding season here.