What a glorious weekend to be a cyclist! The sun was out in full effect and the temps were in the 80’s both days. This past weekend we had three days of Team Evesham rides for our teammates to enjoy. The Friday Morning Crew kicked off the weekend. Scott Downie led his Saturday B ride from Rastelli’s and had some new ride leaders helping him out on this journey. Brett Wartenberg led a Hill Ride from Washington’s Crossing where his group conquered some hills and took on some beautiful roads. If you would like to give the hills a try, Brett will be leading the next Hill Ride on June 1st. Finally, we were able to have our Sunday All Level Ride from Rastelli’s where we also had some new ride leaders helping and leading their first ride. Route designer, Scott Downie took us along a new path as we visited Johnson’s Farm for the first time this season. We know they have the best apple cider donuts and ice cream, if you dare.
We want to thank all our ride leaders for helping and leading rides for the team. Our ride leaders are truly the backbone of our team. Without our ride leaders we would not be able to do what we do. We welcome Lisa Sleeper, Dan Zingaro, and Adam Woodhull to our Ride Leader Squad. If you are interested in becoming a ride leader, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for details.
On Sunday, Sami from the Move for Mental Health Ride and Nick from The Foster 100 joined us for our ride. Sami also stayed after to help with registration for the Move for Mental Health. Thanks for the watermelon, Sami! There is still time to join these rides and our other supported rides for this season. The links are on our website https://teamevesham.org.
- No Excuses Ride – Sunday, May 26th. This coming weekend along with our Friday Morning Crew, Saturday Ride and Sunday All Level Ride we will also bring back our No Excuses introduction to group cycling ride. Dennis Dahms will be leading a group of riders along a shorter 10-15 mile route to introduce new cyclists to group riding. If you know someone that has been talking about cycling and has not jumped in yet, please let them know to join us. They can sign a waiver and get a taste of this great sport!
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 27th. This will be the annual All Club Ride from Laurel Acres Park in Mt Laurel. Join cyclists from The Outdoor Club, Cynergy, TNT and Team Evesham as we celebrate those who gave their lives for our freedom. https://ridewithgps.com/events/90419-memorial-day-2019
ACS Bridge to Beach Announcement
If you have signed up for the American Cancer Society’s Bridge to Beach 2019 ride here’s some important information regarding bib (rider number) pickups. Remember, to pickup your rider number kit you must have completed your fundraising – don’t wait until the last minute or you’ll be picking it up day-of-event from the location you chose when you registered…
- Pickup option 1: May 30th from 4-7pm. You can pick your rider number at the American Cancer offices at 1851 Old Cuthbert Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ 08034.
- Pickup option 2: TE Sunday rides. Going forward we’ll try to make sure a representative is on hand to distribute your rider numbers up to June 2 for those who have achieved their fundraising.
- Pickup option 3: Ride starting points. On the day of the ride you can pick up your bib at the start location you registered with up to 15 minutes before the start time.
Don’t wait until the last minute!
Finally, please remember to support our Team Sponsors https://teamevesham.org/sponsors/. Without their generous support we would not be able to hold events like our Welcome Back Ride, Grill and Chill, and Holiday Party!
“In Life, it’s not where you go, but who you ride with.”