Guess what – when riding it is always important to keep hydrated. When riding in the cooler air you don’t always think about hydration but your body still perspires to maintain your body temperature. In warmer air, you sweat more and must replace the fluids and salts you sweat out to stay cool. Proper hydration doesn’t just happen while you are exercising. Proper hydration is a state you need to keep your body in all of the time. However when exercising your body uses more fluids and electrolytes and it is important to replenish these with extra fluids and to replace your electolytes. To properly hydrate for a challenging ride you need to start increasing fluids the day before.
Below are a few links about Hydration that may help!
Tips for staying hydrated
- Balanced Living Blog: 5 Best Tips for Staying Hydrated.
- Texas State Dept. of Health & Human Svcs: The Importance of Hydration.
- Healthline: The 5 Best Ways to Rehydrate Quickly.
- Active.com: Cycling Hydration Myths.
- Road Bike Rider: 12 Myths About Hydration and Cycling.
- Bicycling.com: How and When to Hydrate While Cycling.