This week’s featured Fiver: Scott Santos
- What is your pre-ride routine? I am a person of habit. I prepare all of my gear the night before including making up water bottles and breakfast (I am not a morning person and would forget something if I didn’t). I eat peanut butter on a whole wheat bread sandwich and drink a bottle of Nuun Hydration mix on the way to the ride. When I get to the ride I check my tire pressure, set my Garmin and water bottles. Kit up with shoes and helmet and socialize if there is some time left.
- What’s your favorite charity ride and why? I have fond memories of the MS City To Shore ride from the past. We had a large group that would stay over night and either ride back the next day, or stay and enjoy Ocean City the following day! One Year we even did a 5K on the boardwalk the next morning.
- What was your 1st bike? Not my first, but one of my favorites, I had a Vintage Schwinn Krate Bike, a Lemon Peeler when I was young. I wish I still had it today!
- What’s your bucket list ride? The Cycling House Mallorca Spain Trip ( I have enjoyed the Cycling house trips in Tucson AZ and Tuscany and I recommend them to anyone!) and and RAGBRAI (Ride across Iowa).
- Who is your dream riding buddy? My Daughter Elliana, starting in a burley trailer, then a bike seat with me and hopefully one day on a road bike and mountain bike cycling with me.