Since our founding this has been a hallmark of our team. It will always be our mission to be prudent in our behavior on the road, to observe the laws, and to not endanger fellow riders or motorists.
Safety is the job of everyone on the team.
Here is our list of guidelines for safe cycling:
- Wear a helmet
- Bring gloves
- Wear glasses to protect your eyes
- Communicate in your ride group-car back, debris, holes, take the lane, etc.
- Water bottles should fit into the cages on your bike
- Obey traffic laws and be predictable to motorists and other cyclists
- Our rides are set to ride classes, stay at the posted pace
- Ride single file. Two abreast only when announced by the leader
In order to adhere to safe cycling we do not allow the following on our rides:
- No ear buds
- No aero bar use
- No passing on the right
- No cellphone conversations. Pullover if you get a call
- No riding in front of the leader
- Throttle power-on-demand electric bikes
Respect Ride Leaders
Our ride leaders are volunteers who have gone above and beyond by giving of their time to help you be safe when you ride with us. These leaders have all attended courses and understand the flow of traffic and the importance of obeying all traffic laws and signal control devices. Please respect them, their goal is keeping you safe and making sure you have a great time on the road.
When riding with a group, stay with the group and please follow direction of ride leaders. Moving ahead and separate from the group means you have effectively left the group. If you are being challenged by the pace, conditions, etc. please alert your ride leader.