Hey Fellow Cyclists!
As social distancing and safe practices still remain in effect, the COVID curve has been flattened by people following safety guidelines and social distancing. While COVID is far from over the reins have been loosened slightly and we are moving in a direction to get us back to “business as usual”.
Governor Murphy has raised the number of people allowed in outdoor social events to 25 people, but safe practices and social distancing must still be followed. We as a team have decided to start group cycling in Small Numbers. We understand if you are not ready to join us yet and we understand your feelings. We have developed some safe protocols and will be riding together in groups of 10, increasing this number as we feel comfortable.
We will not be doing the mass group start as we have been for years. For a while we will start off in our small groups by ride class in different zones in the parking lot of Rastelli’s. We will also stagger start times to reduce the number of people in the parking lot at one time and social gathering. The Ride Leader for each group will give the safety announcements and start off at the designated time.
Since we are limiting the size of the groups, a sign up is necessary. We will be using an app called SignUpGenius and there will be a link on the Team Evesham Website to sign up. Keep an eye out each week for this as the slots will fill up fast. As we see a need we will add ride leaders to increase the number of groups we will have cycling, all staying at the group size we are comfortable with.
To aid in flattening the curve, maintain social distancing of 6 feet in the parking lot and wear masks before and after the ride and at any stops. This will be required. We will not require masks while riding, but do ask that you increase the distance between you and your other Teammates while drafting and passing.
If you do not feel safe riding in a group or being in groups of people, we understand.
We will ask the following now, and before the ride and must get a confirmed answer before we will leave the parking lot.
All Riders must confirm and agree to the following:
- You are riding at your own free will and understand and assume all risks related to the COVID virus.
- Team Evesham holds no responsibility if anyone experiences COVID symptoms after this ride.
- You have been feeling well, have not experienced any COVID symptoms, have not been around anyone with a positive test result. If you do not feel well, or have a fever or any other symptoms we ask that you do not ride.
- You will maintain a social distance from other members of the recommended 6 feet and wear a mask while stopped before, during a rest stop or mechanical, and after the ride. (No mask while riding)
- We will maintain a farther than usual drafting space, within reason. 5-6 feet
- You have a mask and hand sanitizer
- You will not touch another rider or rider’s bike. (Medical or mechanical issues only)
We thank you for your patience and for working with us as we get back to group cycling.