With the higher temperatures and the high humidity it is even more important to keep hydrated. Dehydration can have detrimental effects on your body during exercise and everyday life. Proper Hydration Doesn’t just happen while you are exercising. Proper Hydration is a state you need to keep your body in all of the time. However when exercising your body uses more fluids and electrolytes and it is important to replenish these with extra fluids and to replace your electolytes. To properly hydrate for a challenging ride you need to start increasing fluids the day before.
Below are a few links about Hydration that may help!
Tips for staying hydrated
- Balanced Living Blog: 5 Best Tips for Staying Hydrated.
- Texas State Dept. of Health & Human Svcs: The Importance of Hydration.
- Healthline: The 5 Best Ways to Rehydrate Quickly.
- Active.com: Cycling Hydration Myths.
- Road Bike Rider: 12 Myths About Hydration and Cycling.
- Bicycling.com: How and When to Hydrate While Cycling.