Vicious Cycle is offering Team Evesham a 2nd 6 week session at a special rate. It starts Tuesday, March 4th at 8:00pm and the cost is only $90. For details and to register, click Vicious Cylce Session 2.
Nearly 26 million children and adults in this country are diagnosed with diabetes, so the mission we have is an urgent one. Everything we do forms the underpinning for that mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
This event has reached the maximum and is closed
Where: The Vicious Cycle — 417 Stokes Rd — (609) 953-7746
Cost: $90.00 6 week program (description below)
Time: 11:00 AM (75 minute class)
Dates: Sundays beginning February 2, February 2nd, 9th,16th,23rd, March 2nd and 9th
Bring: water bottle, SPD cycling shoes if you have them (suggested but not required), towels are provided
Questions: contact Lori Sobin at Lor14@comcast.net
* Maximum 20 people- seats are filling up so hurry and reserve your bike!
A minimum of 14 people is required in order for the class to run. If we do not reach 14 you will be fully refunded.
REGISTRATION CLOSES THURSDAY, January 30! Sign up and pay here
OPTIONAL: Heart rate monitors can be used on all of these rides and then used to train outdoors when warmer weather is here. If you would like to do heart rate training with these spinning classes, we will need to have a testing session so we can calculate your heart rate zones. This will be a 20 minute workout/test. You will need to sign-up for an appointment on Saturday January 25th. Time slots are available starting at 2pm at The Vicious Cycle studio. You will need to provide your own heart rate monitor. Proper queuing for heart rate zones will then be incorporated into each ride. This is optional and not required. This is a no cost option.
Proposed 6 Week Program: 2/2 – 3/9
Session length—75 minutes
SPD cleat cycling shoes strongly suggested, but not necessary
Expected calorie burn per class 600-900 calories
Week 1: Cadence Ride
- Emphasis on proper pedaling
- Emphasis on proper use of core muscles
- Proper use of resistance on bike/spinner
Week 2: Strength Ride
- Emphasis on holding cadence (pedal speed) at differing levels of resistance on mixed terrains
Week 3: Hill Ride
- 1st Stage of last year’s Tour de France (Mixed Terrain Sufferfest)
- Emphasis on riding differing terrains and mental endurance
Week 4: Running Interval Ride with Sprints
- This ride builds on all skills taught in the previous 3 sessions
- Teaches each rider how ride in the aerobic and anaerobic zones while safely pushing their limits
Week 5: Switchback Ride
- Teaches proper transitioning in and out of the saddle
- Proper use of core muscles as you climb a steep mountain switchback pass
Week 6: Time Trial Ride!
- Time to measure your improvement—maintain yourself at race pace (just below the anaerobic threshold) over differing terrain.
SIGN up here and pay using your credit card.
No rain, no snow, come out and ride on Friday. If you have the day off, or just need to get out on your bike, join Team Evesham Cycling Club for our Friday morning ride from Indian Springs Country Club at 9:00am on December 27, burn off those extra holiday calories. The weather says sunny and 42 degrees. See you tomorrow.
Benefit for the Evesham Chapter of the Police Unity Tour
On Saturday, January 11th at 7:00pm – Comedy Night featuring Jay Black at Marco’s Restaurant at the Indian Springs Country Club (115 South Elmwood Rd., Marlton). See the South Jersey Sun article “Jay Black to headline upcoming night of comedy in Marlton“.
Temperatures below freezing, wind chills in the teens, and winds at 20 mph. The Sunday ride is cancelled.
Every year Team Evesham participates in numerous extracurricular rides and events, many of them for charitable causes. We believe in promoting not only our own health and fitness but also the health and fitness of our communities at large. We raise well over $100K each year for these causes and we believe that we are making a difference in the world.